Fury-Wilder 3 on July 24 may not happen after all.
Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder were due to clash later this month but an outbreak in the world champion's camp has put the bout at risk.
According to ESPN's Mike Coppinger, a COVID-19 outbreak in Fury's camp will likely cause his slated July 24 date against Wilder to be scrapped.
Although there isn't currently an official word whether the fight, which is scheduled to take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, has been scratched yet, but sources told ESPN that Fury-Wilder 3 is likely to be postponed until September, considering FOX has Errol Spence Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao in a unified welterweight title fight pay-per-view scheduled for Aug. 21.
A source at PBC additionally told DAZN's Steven Muehlhausen that the fight for July 24 is "in serious doubt."
Fury was extra colourful during the trilogy fight's press conference last month, guaranteeing to demolish Wilder in less than the seven rounds that it took him to stop "The Bronze Bomber" in their rematch back in February 2020. Prior to that, the two heavyweights fought to a controversial draw back in December 2018.
PBC and Top Rank have not released any statement yet.