Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora could be about to complete their trilogy
Tyson Fury (32-0-1, 23KO) has confirmed a contract to complete the trilogy with Dereck Chisora (33-12, 23KO) has been sent to his team. However, the offer has been deemed unsatisfactory by the Londoner's promoter, Eddie Hearn.
The 33-year-old heavyweight champion is itching to return to the ring following the announcement of his retirement in April, his promoter Frank Warren has revealed.
'The Gypsy King' hasn't fought since emphatically stopping British rival Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium earlier this year, after which the WBC champion outlined his intention to hang up his gloves for good.
Fury's statement was brushed aside by most, particularly with 33-year-old refusing to relinquish his WBC strap and the World Boxing Council in no hurry to take their trophy away from him, and now Warren believes his fighter will return sooner rather than later.
The Hall of Fame promoter insists the outcome of this month's Usyk-Joshua rematch will likely determine his fighter's next move, with Fury expected to take on the winner in an historic heavyweight undisputed clash.
"[Fury] has got itchy feet at the moment, he wants to fight," Warren told talkSPORT.
"I think what's going to happen is, see what happens on 20 [August] and the outcome of that, and that'll determine what he intends to do in the future.
"My opinion – this is not from him, it's from me: I think he will [return], because he's a fighting man and he misses it. That's what he does, he wants to fight.'
Fury took to social media earlier this week to tell former rival Dereck Chisora to accept his offer of a trilogy fight.
"This one goes out to Derek 'The s—house' Chisora. You're running Derek from the trilogy," Fury said in the video. "You call yourself 'War,' but you should call yourself 'chicken' because you're running from the trilogy and from a career-high payday. Get that f—ing contract signed."
Reports have circulated that a member of the Morecambe man's management reached out to a member of Chisora's team about fighting again. However, Chisora's promoter Eddie Hearn appeared last Monday on The DAZN Boxing Show and didn't seem too confident a proposed December bout would come to fruition.
Fight fans haven't been too excited about the prospect of the WBC King facing someone he beat by decision in July 2011 and then stopped in November 2014.
Chisora snapped a three-fight losing streak in July, defeating former two-time heavyweight challenger Kubrat Pulev by split decision in an epic heavyweight battle at the O2 Arena in London.
Fury's U.S. promoter, Arum, 90, expects Usyk to emerge victorious once more when the pair do battle in Saudi Arabia, insisting a fight against Fury could be arranged for either December or early next year.
Matchroom boss Eddie Hearn confirmed that the Fury camp had put in an offer to take on Derek Chisora for a third time, though indicating a fight between the pair is unlikely with the offer deemed unsatisfactory.