Joshua Frankham has his professional debut this Saturday, September 12, on the undercard of Anthony Yarde vs Dec Spelman 10-round light-heavyweight contest.
Not much is known about the talented debutant so BBN decided to dig up some interesting facts about the 20-year-old prospect:
1. Josh Frankham is a four-time national amateur champion and England representative.
2. He is cousins with two-time world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, and went out to Las Vegas to watch his seventh-round knockout win over Deontay Wilder last February. Josh was also training with Tyson in Marbella when he began his incredible comeback, weighing over 28stone at the time. Joshua was part of the team that helped Tyson begin the weight loss process.
3. He is managed by Hall of Fame promoter Frank Warren, who signed him to Queensberry Promotions in May 2020 after a text endorsing his talent from Tyson Fury.
4. The super-welterweight is a former England international, who had 37 fights as an amateur, winning 31, losing only six.
5. He was called up to the Team GB squad for an assessment but never actually went due to catching glandular fever, which sidelined him for six months.
6. His amateur club, Ring ABC, run by his uncle, closed during Frankham's illness and he decided he wouldn't box for any other amateur clubs, so he made the decision to turn pro.
7. He is trained by Wayne Batten in Southampton, but was previously trained by Ben Davison, alongside Billy Joe Saunders and Josh Taylor. His teammates now include super-feathrweight Ryan 'The Piranha' Garner (9-0, 6KOs), lightweight 'Marky Boy' Chamberlain (6-0, 4KOs) and another cousin, Leroy Frankham, who has also just turned pro.
8. He was originally given April 11 as his debut date, which was set to be on the undercard Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce, which was then rescheduled to July 11, but has since been pushed back to October. His debut now falls on September 12 behind closed doors in the BT Sport Studios in Stratford, which is a far cry from the original plan of performing in front of 20,000 at The O2.
9. He is also the cousin of legendary British light-heavyweight champion ‘Gypsy’ Johnny Frankham, and also cousins with Matchroom Boxing prospect Charles 'Boom Boom' Frankham (2-0, 1KO).
10. He counts pizza as his cheat meal.
You can follow Josh Frankham on Twitter here: @Joshfrankham1