Josh Taylor vs Teofimo Lopez Jr – Undercard, Preview, Live Stream, Prediction, Odds
On June 10, 2023, at the iconic Madison Square Garden in New York City, the highly anticipated match between American Teófimo López and Scot Josh Taylor will take place.
Brooklyn's Teófimo López stands at a height of 174cm, while Briton Josh Taylor has a height advantage of 5cm, measuring 177cm.
In addition to being taller, Scotland's 'Tartan Tornado' Taylor also enjoys a 3cm reach advantage over 'The Takeover' López, with his reach measuring 177cm.
Josh Taylor vs Teofimo Lopez Jr Preview
The fight card consists of eight thrilling matches, with the main event showcasing the talents of top super-lightweights Josh Taylor and Teofimo Lopez Jr.
For a pulsating 12 rounds, Taylor and Lopez Jr. will go head-to-head in the center of the ring, in what will be a fantastic clash of styles and potential fight of the year candidate, as neither man ever disappoints and will never be found in lacklustre affairs.
The Scottish champion, 32 from Prestonpans, who remains undefeated, steps into the ring to defend his WBO and Ring Magazine titles against the American challenger, Lopez Jr., right in his opponent's backyard, with a crowd of passionate hometown supporters as witnesses.
From the very beginning until the final bell, the atmosphere promises to be electrifying, and we eagerly anticipate taking our seats to witness this epic clash.
What are the odds of Josh vs Teofimo?
Based on an analysis of their performance patterns and statistical data, Josh Taylor is currently projected to have a 70% chance of winning, with Teofimo Lopez trailing at 30%. This prediction is further supported by the odds favoring Taylor, with oddsmakers by legalni bukmacherzy site placing him at -148 compared to Lopez's +116.
Although the odds are relatively close, Taylor holds a slight advantage over Lopez as the underdog at +116, while Lopez stands at -148. As the fight night approaches, it is anticipated that Taylor's odds will shift from -200 to -280.
Prediction for Taylor vs Lopez Jr
Both boxers have had 19 wins, Taylor has won all his bouts, but Lopez has one reverse on his record, suffered at the hands of Australian George Kambosos Jr. in November 2021. It was a thrilling fight, with both boxers going down – Lopez in the first, Kambosos in the 10th. The verdict was a split decision in an electrifying 36 minutes that resulted in the Aussie landing just half a dozen more shots than the Yankee.
Lopez, currently residing in Las Vegas but originally hailing from Brooklyn, New York, is a young talent at the age of 25 and poses a significant threat to the older man, Taylor, who, at 32, maintains an immaculate record of 19 victories and 13 knockouts. However, that could well have been 18-1 having been very lucky to keep his perfect record intact against domestic rival Jack Catterall in his last fight, 16 months ago, where many onlookers cried robbery and one ringside judge even called in by the British Board of Boxing Control to explain his scoring, then was subsequently downgraded from his A* status.
Lopez's power and explosiveness pose a significant threat to Taylor, while Taylor's technical skills and ring intelligence make it challenging for Lopez to penetrate his defenses. The outcome of the fight will likely be determined by the fighter who can assert their dominance early, get into their rhythm first and deliver the more eyecatching punches to catch the judges' eye.
Where and how to watch the match?
For viewers in the UK, if you are a subscriber of Sky Sports and have access to the channel on your TV, you will have the exciting opportunity to watch this captivating world title boxing match live from New York as part of your Sky Sports subscription from 1am Sunday morning more info…
Additionally, for those who prefer streaming, Sky Sports subscribers can enjoy the live action online through the Sky Go app at no extra cost.
Josh Taylor vs Teofimo Lopez
Xander Zayas vs Ronald Cruz
Henry Lebron vs Carlos Ramos
Jamaine Ortiz vs Humberto Galindo
Robson Conceicao vs Nicolas Polanco
Omar Rosario vs Jan Carlos Rivera
Damian Knyba vs Helaman Olguin
Bruce Carrington vs Luis Porozo