Carl Frampton vs Jamel Herring

Carl Frampton dismisses concerns over hands and promises he'll be ready for Jamel Herring in May

Published On Thursday, January 2, 2020By British Boxing News

Carl Frampton responds to rumours

Carl Frampton has responded to reports regarding his injured hands – insisting he will be more than ready for a potential fight in May.

Frampton (27-2, 15 KOs) made a successful return to the ring in November, as he dropped previously unbeaten Tyler McCreary twice on his way to a dominant victory in Las Vegas.

The former two-weight world champion suffered hand injuries during that fight, with ‘The Jackal’ recently having a successful operation on the hands.

Frampton now looks set to take on WBO super-featherweight champion Jamel Herring later this year, and the Belfast boxer has dismissed claims that his injuries will prevent him from taking the fight in May as planned.

Frampton told mtkglobal.com: “Someone showed me an article that said sources had told them the hands won’t be ready for May. I don’t know where these sources are coming from, but they’ve got it wrong.

“I’ve had them both hands operated on, and they’re sore but the surgeon was happy with how the operations went. He said I’ve got plenty of time. He said I could be punching within six weeks after the surgery.

“Even if I waited 10 weeks to start punching, it would still be plenty of time to get ready for May. I have another appointment with the specialist at the end of the month, and we’ll know more after that, but the pain is easing every day and I’ve got more movement in both hands every day.

“Everything is going where it needs to be and I’m looking forward to getting back to training. I’m itching to get back in there.”

CLICK HERE FOR #MTKFIGHTNIGHT & #GOLDENCONTRACT TICKETS

Stay up to date at mtkglobal.com and on social media @mtkglobal